Tuesday, June 2, 2009

We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto

According to the NY Times, another detainee at Gitmo has committed suicide. This brings the number who have committed suicide to 5. I wonder if Sam Brownback is worried about detainees committing suicide in Kansas?

Part of the argument in detaining these "unlawful enemy combatants" is that once they're loose, they'll automatically turn into, ooooooh, T e r r o r i s t s.

Let's see now, you lock me up without reason--and many of those detained were simply just walking down the street--throw me behind bars, limit my access to a lawyer, subject me to torture--excuse me, "enhance interrogation techniques"--interrupt my sleep, and pee on my bible, I don't know about you, but I think I might become a terrorist.

No comments:

Post a Comment